Friday, March 9, 2012

Bag for Silent Brass System

Last year my husband bought me a Silent Brass System for my trombone. I love it, but hate having to put it back in its boring box every time I use it.  Of course, crafty me said "I can make something for it!"  And although it took a year to do, I finally got around to making it.  I only took after pictures because from the beginning I thought this was going to be a disaster! I'm not the best at improvising sewing.  I like to have instructions.  

So here it is, my new storage system for my Silent Brass System!  I bought some quilting pieces from Hobby Lobby that as soon as I saw I fell in love with.  I'm not quite ready for small square patches but I figured strips would be easy to do!





This is a mouthpiece holder.  I made it to hold two of my trombone mouthpieces.  I made it so that it has a flap that ties shut.


Here is a picture of it open and with the two mouthpieces inside.



And this is the backside of it.




These are two smaller bags I made to hold the wires and sound control for my mute.  I used binding for the first time and also sew on Velcro.  The Velcro was an afterthought, I should have sewn it onto the binding first so you wouldn't see the thread from sewing on the Velcro.  Oh well, for next time!



Look I even lined the insides!


 And last is the bag for the mute itself.  I made it similar to my purse I made a few months ago.  I wanted it soft yet strong, and since I was only using basic fabric I decided to add a layer of batting and a layer of interface  That made it very thick to sew through!

Here's what it looks like in the front with the flap closed.



This is with the flap open.







The backside.


And the inside.







No comments:

Post a Comment