Monday, January 9, 2012

Purse Making #1

I don't sew that often. Okay rarely! I can make pillows, blankets, pillowcases, a tent (that's another post) and now a purse!


I used the very detailed instructions from Sew4Home (thank you for the pictures!) to create their Scrap It: The Angela Shoulder Bag.
Of course I didn't make this one completely alone! Alex and her 3 boys, and me and my Sara worked really hard on this. Okay the kids played, left toys in the sewing room, Alex and I tripped on them, then there was dinner and somewhere in between all that we made some Jack Daniel Balls and Malibu Balls for my hubby. But with Alex and I tossing around ideas on what the instructions meant and taking turns at the sewing machine, we finally made it! And it even has pockets on the inside. Yay.

This was actually a trial run purse, I'm looking to make a bag to hold all my music and equipment in. This bag can only hold one of my trombone mutes. So I guess it's off to the drawing board. Until then, I'm loving the purse, and have already decided to make another one with some minor adjustments!

No comments:

Post a Comment