Monday, January 9, 2012

Tutu Making #1

I found a great no sew tutu tutorial from Pinterest.  And since Sara loves to dress up, I thought why not.
So imagine us pushing up and down the fabric section of Hobby Lobby looking for fun fabric for a purse.  Well Sara sees an ad for no sew tutu's (which I was gonna make as a surprise) and she's all like "I want one, I want the green one, I need one..."  Thankfully they had their rolls of tulle on sale 50% off.  So I'm pulling up my Pinterest app on the phone trying to see how much I need.  They say 20 yards, but then again, they're making if for a baby.  My kid is 4!  I end up letting Sara pick out 4 rolls, green, pink, purple, and blue.  

This was by far the easiest thing I have ever made.  All I had to do was sew the elastic together (which i didn't even do straight!) then cut and tie off the tulle.  I ended up using all 4 rolls of tulle to make her skirt.  
 After she played with it for hours I decided to tighten the knots holding the tulle.  By doing so it made the gaps smaller together, so I added more pieces, making it a fuller tutu.  She loves it!
I got the directions from http://www.momdot.com/howtomakeatutu

Now she's begging me for a tutu dress.  "Baby mommy's gotta learn how to sew better to make that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment